Alright.. lets just throw it out there.. air it out.. explain it.. answer all question.. tell no lies... are you ready!???
SO I have discovered second life.
Second life is an internet world. Full of amazing people.. amazing places.. really as far as I can tell only the truly smart and imaginative survive. Its like Utopia... You are an avatar.. and you live a life and it can be whatever you want it to be. Second life and Real life.. MESH! I dont care what others may tell you. If your really in the game.. the two are intertwined. And this is why...... SL.. is exactly what you want it to be! You look exactly how you want to look. You do whatever it is you always dreamed of doing.. You wear whatever you always dreamed of wearing. You say what you have always wanted to say.. You ARE You.. OR You are what you have always felt or dreamed you were inside. When you first begin.. you have nothing.. you know noone.. your a baby. And then.. you learn.. and you learn and you learn some more.. there are classes.. just like college were you can learn.. Its like Brain Food!! And for so many of us who are hmmm not stuck but sort of stuck in lives we didnt count on.. stuck in bodies we didnt count on.. stuck in jobs we didnt count on.. SL is JOY!! Let me explain about me.. I am in rl.. if I were myself.. I guess you would say Goth Punk.. (inside myself) So I love crazy clothes.. love sortof the vampire of old look.. love long hair.. or punk hair.. love boots.. love thigh high socks.. LOVE LOVE LOVE corsets.. well in RL I cant wear that stuff.. I mean im a 34 year old mom of 4 and frankly my mahawk and tattoos are already to much for them.. so I stuff the real me.. down.. into sweats and flip flops.. BUT in SL.. I am a rockin Punk Goth Vamp! Well not a real vamp anymore cause well.. that was stupid and annoying.. but Im pretty sure at one point or another everyone tries the vamp thing.. cause seriously vamps are cool. Anyway.. so yeah my Avi is rockin some amazing clothes.. And I think if it were just fashion i would still be very happy with SL but its not.
In RL I live in a normal house.. of course inside my house.. doesnt look like most peoples because I love old things.. SO my RL house is full of Old books.. old candlesticks.. old anything really that I can find.. but still its a normal house.. The house of my dreams.. is my Grandmas Cabin.. Small.. fireplace.. filled with my old things.. SOOO my SL house.. is a hut.. outside flowers exactly like at the rl cabin. And water.. just like at the RL cabin.. A sunbeam.. just like at the cabin shines in the front yard. ITS MY DREAM HOUSE!!!!!!.. SO sometimes I sit outside.. and just dream that I am there.
In RL I LOVE LOVE LOVE music.. and often wish that my life had a soundtrack.. in SL.. alone I can travel with music playing.. my music.. coming out of my Avi's head.. My SL has a soundtrack!!!
In RL.. there is rarely learning.. and I love learning.. love to read.. love to figure.. love to think.. in my RL not a lot of call for learning.. in SL i learn all the time.. every day something new.
In RL..I dont travel.. I live in a very boring state.. Beauty is not something I can seek out. In SL I seek beauty daily.. Take a thousand pictures of amazing sites.. marvel at the thought the someone thought this up and made it happen. Just look around amazed.. AND I know that there are places like that on RL earth but I will never see them. I will never sit and gaze at the ocean and watch the sun slowly fade and the stars appear.. im just not. SOOOO I do in SL.
I know that its a fantasy.. I know that people dont get why I love it.. SO maybe this will help you understand. For some of us.. SL is the only way we will ever get to live our dreams.. and whats so wrong with that?? I think that you should take what joy is offered in life.. NOW heres the kicker.. here is the tricky part.. NOT getting sucked into your SL.. cause RL doesnt stop.. and RL is most important.. there has to be a balance. AND its tricky.. cause.. SL calls to you.. "come disappear in me..".. "come be everything you want to be".. COME!!!... So.. balance.. but mesh.. I like tricky things! lala



