Monday, November 16, 2009
How do you know.. what you know???
So.. the question has been asked.. How do you know a person?? Well.. Its not easy to answer. I mean sometimes you dont! Sometimes your wrong.. sometimes a person who you thought was something turns out to be not who you thought. Hence divorce. Before a marriage you are on your best behavior usually and everything is new.. and no one admits or shows all faults.. then after.. well you find out what your mate is really made of. USUALLY.. now some of us married someone that we met very very young.. and that situation is different. I grew up with my husband.. in a very real sense he raised me. So I knew what I was doing when I married him. What about someone you meet on a night out... Ya'll know what Im talking about.. the one night meet. How do you know when you take them home that they are not evil, horrible, killers???? Well.. maybe they are??? I am not a fan of the one night meet for that very reason. Well more than that reason but its certainly a factor. Say you meet someone at church.. looks like a godly man.. sounds like a godly man.. and then.. murders and raps your whole family. Okay so say you meet someone online... how do you know who they are..?? I mean a person can say anything. right? How do you ever trust anyone? Anyone and everyone is suspect! You could live your life hiding never learning about anyone new.. every one could be the one who will kill your whole family.. OR.. you could talk.. and talk.. and talk some more. Maybe in the beginning.. searching for inconsistencies.. trying to ferret out a lie.. asking a billion probing questions.. and finally when realizing that maybe just maybe this is an honest truthful person.. settling down into a friendship..You can spend your life convinced that the people around you are horrible.. sometimes you have to trust your gut. And what if.. what if.. at the end of the day it turns out you were wrong???? This thought process only leaves me alone.. hiding in my house.. scared to go anywhere or talk to anyone. Thinking that everyone who is nice to me is after me.. Is that how Im suppose to live?? Wonderful....as if my life didnt suck already.. As if I didnt already have enough weird phobias.. now we can add.. terrified of all relationships! Oh wait.. I already had that one...sheshhhh lala



