Thursday, October 1, 2009
Super Hero's Unite!!
So I met a man.. well a boy.. he's 5 ! And I'm hopelessly in love with him.. He reminds me of Justice.. His name is Connor and he has ADHD. By the time I get him his meds for the day have worn off and he is full of amazing incites and a truthfulness that breaks my heart! He cant really participate and so he sits on my lap and talks. For an hour and a half he talks. And I.. listen. When he gets tired of talking.. he sings.. Now if you know me you know I cant have anymore kids.. and I get worried that I'll never feel that kind of true devotion that comes when a child knows your really listening.. not faking it. REALLY LISTENING!! And the look in their eyes when they realize that at this moment there is no one in the room more important to you then them. I'm pretty sure he doesn't get much of this kind of attention and so maybe he needs me just as much as I need him. He tells me that he is not a real boy and when he tells his teachers this they dont listen. But he is a super hero and he can see colors.. colors around people.. colors around things.. He has x-ray vision. And a jet pack that only works when he's asleep. In his dreams he can fly! He fights battles through the night and then when he wakes up he has to pretend to be normal. (I totally get that!) He eats carrots for more life power bars.. He can name every transformer and what they do. And if you teach him anything in a song.. he can sing it! Including a bible verse he has been working on for weeks.. I am smitten! Lala



